Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Analyzing "Idolator" - A Music Blog

Hi everyone!

Today I thought I would check out a few blogs in my niche area. After doing quite a bit of research, I found that one of the top and most respected blogs in the music field is a blog called "idolator".

If you want to check out their site, head to the link below:
http://idolator.com/

This blog is interesting because it is very unbiased in its reports. It is basically like any other news or media outlet, but it specializes and focuses solely on music. Topics include new album releases, collaborations between different artists, tour dates, or even when artists perform on certain television shows or radio programs. Really, this blog covers it all.

It is quite refreshing that it is so unbiased because it gives readers the opportunity to read about all genres of music. This gives the blog mass appeal and a wide audience. It also works to their advantage because, like me, a lot of people enjoy multiple genres of music. If I were to go to a blog that only reported about classic rock, I would miss out on all of the Hip Hop news. This blog combines them all in one and does a solid job of covering all tastes.

Idolator constantly updates their blog and makes new posts several times a day. This is reassuring and lets readers know they are serious and dedicated to their viewers and have a team that constantly searches for news stories and keeps their readers as updated as possible.

One cool design feature of the Idolator blog is their "trending" bar near the top of their website. This is a quick and easy way to let readers know what artists and bands are popular currently or have important news out. This way a reader does not have to sift through the blog, but can simple click on one of the top trending musicians and read about their most current news.

Also near the top of their website is their most recent articles, as well as a picture that goes along with the story. This is a great design idea because it allows readers to simply look at a picture that may draw their attention to a particular artist or topic.

Overall I would say that my research has paid off and that this indeed is a great music blog. I definitely recommend you to check their website out. It's one for all tastes and genres!

No comments:

Post a Comment