Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Darrah's Top 10 bands - Part 1

1. Pearl Jam
My favorite band of all time! Pearl Jam is fronted by lead singer and songwriter Eddie Vedder, who is a musical genius if you ask me. When I was younger, my dad listened to a few of their songs, namely "Black" and "Daughter". However, he was not and still is not their biggest fan. When I entered 8th grade, I began looking more into the Grunge genre and ended up growing a passion for Pearl Jam that has never faded. They are and will always be my favorite band. I highly recommend you check them out!

2. Incubus
This is my most recent obsession. I was introduced to Incubus by a friend three years back. I had heard some of their more popular songs, such as "Dig" and "Wish you were here", but had never really pursued the band more. I wish I had, because after I listened to one of their albums in entirety, I never looked back. Each of their studio albums is a transformation from their previous one, and though the music is constantly evolving, I love every new sound the band produces. I am seeing them in concert next month and can barely contain my excitement!

3. LIVE
LIVE is a band that has been around for awhile and is always a safety net for me. There are often certain genres I am in the mood to listen to, but LIVE somehow seems to fit them all. I can listen to them regardless of my mood and that is why I love them so much. If you have never heard of them, check out their album "Throwing Copper". You will not regret it.

4. Foo Fighters
Does anyone really dislike the Foo Fighters? They produce catchy melodies and lyrics full of angst that appeal to the masses. They too are a band whose sound has evolved over the years, but front man Dave Grohl has made sure the band never sells out and always sticks to what is most important - making great rock and roll music.

5. Bon Jovi
This is a direct result of my upbringing. My mom was a huge Bon Jovi fan and played their albums often in the car, on our way to school, and in the house. I will always have a soft spot for them, and am proud they have remained in tact, as most bands they started with have broken up by now. They are also amazing performers live and that only increased my respect for the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment