6. Foreigner
My mom and dad bought me tickets to see Foreigner when I was 10 years old. Apparently it would be the second time I saw them live, as the first was when I was 3. I do not remember the first show, obviously, but I am sure it was a good one. I honestly did not know much of their music when I was 10, but enjoyed myself at the concert. When I got older, I purchased their greatest hits album and have been in love ever since.
7. Def Leppard
As I mentioned in my first blog post, this was my favorite band in 1st grade. Though it no longer holds that position, I still hold them in high regard. I have seen them twice live, and would love to see them more. They are a very solid 80's hair band and have had great commercial success.
8. Jimmy Eat World
I am not sure how to explain why this is my top 8 band of all time without sounding pretentious, so I will apologize in advance if I come off that way. Jimmy Eat World has had great success with a few of their singles, though I am honestly not a fan of a single one of them. Instead, I find their more obscure, lesser known songs to be their best and my personal favorites. For example, "Disintegration" is one of my favorite songs of all time, though most people have unfortunately never heard it.
9. Queen
I can explain this choice in two words: Freddie Mercury. There is no denying that the man was insanely talented, regardless of one's personal views of him. He has gone down in history as one of the greatest vocalists of all time, as well as in my heart. The band continuously created great music that is still used in pop culture, and probably always will be. A wonderful, amazing band.
10. The Decemberists
This is the one band that is most unique on my Top 10 list. They are definitely a non-traditional band, and they specialize in folk rock. Though this particular genre may not sound appealing to your musical tastes, I suggest you give them a chance. Their lyrics often tell a story, and it is easy to get lost in the music. If you want to hear a great, unique song, check out "The Mariner's Revenge Song".
No comments:
Post a Comment