Thursday, June 21, 2012

The best cup of coffee I have ever drank

Think of your favorite food. What is it? Do you have a specific memory that was brought to mind? Maybe it was the first time you ever tried it, or maybe it was sharing it with someone special. Whatever it may be, the experience and your surroundings only enhance the meal.

Well, because I love coffee, I thought I would write a little bit about the best cup of coffee I have ever drank. This is not to say that since then I have never had a decent cup of coffee, but rather that at the time, everything was right. The music playing in the background, the people I was with, the day it was on. Everything added up and made it my best coffee experience thus far.

It happened while I was living in Sweden. For those of you who have not read my introduction blog post, I studied abroad in Uppsala, Sweden for my entire Sophomore year. Also for those unaware, the Swedes love coffee. They even created their own word, "fika", meaning "to get together and drink coffee". I will elaborate more on this phenomenon at a later date. Anyway, I was visiting my favorite pizzeria in Uppsala with a few friends, and after we had finished our meal our waiter asked if we would like to have fika. We thought it was odd to drink coffee after eating pizza, but had nothing better to do, so decided to stay and drink a cup. As it turns out, that was one of the best decisions of my life because that is, to this very day, my favorite cup of coffee of all time. It was an Italian roast, black, and had the purest taste I could ever imagine. In the background, a Pearl Jam song had come on the radio, and if you read my Top 10 bands post, you would realize the importance of that.

I was with great friends, had just finished a satisfying meal, without a worry in the world. I slowly sipped on my coffee while enjoying a song from my favorite band, and wished the moment would never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment