Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Blue Öyster Cult Concert!

Hello again blog world!

So today, or tonight rather, is the Blue Öyster Cult concert down by the Peoria Riverfront. I am very excited to see them live. I have seen them once before, but I was about 12 or 13 so I do not fully remember the experience. Tonight they are playing with another well known band, Foghat. If you are unfamiliar with Foghat, I will link a few of their YouTube videos at the bottom of this blog. They are a very talented band as well and I am equally as excited to see them!

I only live about 15 minutes from the Peoria Riverfront, so it will be one of the shortest distances I have ever traveled to see a concert. The bad side to tonight is that it has been extremely hot in the Midwest for the entire week. Today the high is 102 degrees, and I can definitely feel it. Because the bands are playing at the Riverfront, the concert is outdoors. I am hoping that some cool breezes from the river will cool off the performances and make it a little more bearable.

Tomorrow is the fourth of July and the following day I will be heading to another outdoor concert! On the 5th of July I am heading to Tinley Park, Illinois (near Chicago) to see Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper. I will keep you posted on tonight's concert and that one after I've witnessed it! Hopefully I will be able to survive the heat both tonight, tomorrow for fireworks, and the following day for Iron Maiden. Have a safe 4th of July everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment