Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Co-Op Records

The best place in my town to purchase music is Co-Op Records. To be honest, I am not entirely sure if it is a chain store or not. I know there is another Co-Op Records in the adjacent town that I visit every now and then, but if you have never heard of it, it is probably not too big. Co-Op Records is a place for everything. You can purchase CDs, vinyl records, posters, tapestries, and other random music memorabilia, such as patches and stickers with bands on them, action figures of famous musicians, coffee mugs with the logo of your favorite band or artist, and more. 

Co-Op Records is where I bought my first CD ever, and where I stll buy my new and used vinyl records. They have quite a selection of vinyl albums, which is kind of rare for music shops these days. However, as I mentioned in a previous blog post, vinyl records are making a comeback and for that I am thankful. Co-Op also offers trade ins, one used vinyl album for another used vinyl album. If you simply wish to get rid of your record collection or are strapped for cash, Co-Op Records will also purcahse your new and used vinyl records (if they are in good enough condition) and re-sell them at the store. Because of this, there are constantly new options of different genres and different artists in the used vinyl section, which is great for an avid collector like myself when on a budget. 

Co-Op Records has also been known to host live bands in their parking lot, usually monthly or every other month. These bands are usually local acts or cover bands and are usually no more than five or ten dollars to attend. Some of them are even free! Another great part about Co-Op Records is that they sell tickets for concerts in the area. Some people do not like TicketMaster and see them as a company with a monopoly of selling tickets. Because of this, they purchase their tickets elsewhere and Co-Op Records is one of those locations! Overall, this is an amazing music shop and I have yet to find a better one. If only they served coffee …

No comments:

Post a Comment