Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hotel Coffee

So, as I stated previously, I have a few friends in town visiting from Sweden. I met them while I was studying abroad in Sweden and am extremely excited to catch up with them and show them around my beautiful country. For two of them, this is their first time ever in America. The other one has visited before and has traveled a bit through the states. I feel a bit of pressure to make sure my country leaves a good impression on them, so I have planned a lot of unique and exciting activities for them. We just checked in to our hotel in Chicago and are excited for our Taste of Chicago experience (as well as the Death Cab for Cutie concert I mentioned in my blog yesterday). So far, however, we have not done much.

We did not get in to the city until 7PM, so we mostly relaxed at the hotel. We were going to check out a coffee shop near our hotel, when instead my friends spotted the complimentary coffee and coffee machine in our room. I am quite familiar with this, as most hotels I have stayed in offer this treat. They, however, we completely surprised and excited and wished to make the hotel room coffee instead of finding a coffee shop. We opened the small package of coffee and filled the filter on the coffee machine. As it brewed, they became more and more excited – it was quite amusing to watch. After the coffee was finished, we drank and enjoyed thoroughly. I have to admit, for just being a hotel coffee, it was one of the best cups I have ever had. We even went to the front desk and inquired the brand name so we could purchase our own. For not even leaving our hotel room, I'd say we have done pretty well already! 

Tomorrow night is the concert, so I will make a follow-up blog on that later! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment