A lot of times the bands I enjoy play at larger venues, and it is harder to see them because they do not tour as often as I would like or because they do not come somewhere close enough to where I am located. However, there are several coffee shops around me that ofer live music weekly, if not daily. It is a great way for me to support local music and to hear something different than what is on my iPod or the trash on the radio. I get to see performers from across the country come and go to small coffee shops and play intimate, accoustic shows. There are often larger coffee shops that allow bands to bring their drum sets and amplifiers, and then it is a full on production. Both are amazing because who knows where these people will end up? I get to enjoy music in its most raw and vulnerable form and stand in a room with anywhere from a handful of people to a couple hundred people watch the stage and get lost in the music.
Of course, accoustic shows are my personal favorite because I get to really hear everything that is happening and sit down and enjoy a great cup of coffee. For the larger productions, many people stand and crowd around the performing area, so coffee would not be the best idea. But an accoustic show is so filled with emotion and words cannot do it justice. Even if I do not particullary enjoy the music I still leave with this feeling of happiness. If there are any cafés near you providing free, live music, or even with a small cover, I strongly suggest you check it out. Who knows where they will end up one day, you could be witnessing history in the making!
No comments:
Post a Comment