To any Americans following this blog, Happy Independence Day! Once a year we all get to take a day off (most of us) and enjoy America's birthday by grilling out, relaxing with family or friends, and watching the fireworks!
My family is no exception. However, I did have to work today. I work at an ice cream parlor and today is pretty much a huge day in the ice cream business. It's hot, families have the day off, and kids love ice cream! Anyway, we got a new flavor of ice cream at work today. I am convinced that my boss introduced it to our menu solely because of how much I love coffee, but maybe I am getting ahead of myself.
The new ice cream is called "Mocha Mudslide" and it is without a doubt the best coffee flavored ice cream I have ever tasted. Usually in the grocery store there are a few brands that make a coffee ice cream, but they do not have a large selection. Recently Starbucks has created a line of ice creams from popular drinks, and that is what I have usually bought if I need an ice cream/coffee fix. However, this new flavor we have at work, "Mocha Mudslide" has coffee flavored ice cream, coffee syrup swirls striped throughout the ice cream, and chocolate fudge chunks. With the combination of those three ingredients, how could I go wrong?! I recommended it to most customers today, and it seemed to go over pretty well. I was kind of surprised because, as I stated before, there are few coffee flavored ice creams sold in stores today, so I did not think many would want it. Now that I know people love it just as much as I do, I think it needs to be more mainstream so I can purchase it more often!
Anyway, have a safe 4th of July and stay out of the heat!
No comments:
Post a Comment