Lollapalooza is a huge event in my life. It occurs every year around the first weekend of August, and attracts over 90,000 people per day of the 3 day festival. Each year the musical line up has proved to be worthy of the somewhat pricey ticket price. Bands from across the world play at Lollapalooza and other music festivals across the country, such as Coachella or Bonnaroo.
Lollapalooza is held each year at Grant Park in Chicago, Illinois. Fortunately I live only 2.5 hours away from the Windy City, so I am able to go every year. I usually buy my tickets before the line up is announced, which is kind of risky, but I have yet to be disappointed.
Lollapalooza is a musical festival for every music genre. There are electro-pop acts, hard rock, R&B artists, and everything in between. The festival seems to grow larger every year, and last year was no exception. There are 5 stages with artists performing at the same time on each one. Sometimes this is tricky because there may be two acts you want to see that happen to play at the same time. It is also hard to watch half of the act and walk to the other one and catch their last half because the stages are quite far apart. This is because if they were too close together, you would be able to hear one band while another band was performing. The distance between stages can be a little unfortunate, but definitely worth it so there are no interruptions during your favorite band.
This year I am very excited to see Jack White (of the White Stripes) and the amazingly talented Florence Welch of Florence + The Machine. I loom forward to this festival all year and it will soon be here! Hope to see you there!
No comments:
Post a Comment