Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Taste of Chicago

Hello again!

So this week, July 11th through July 16th, the annual Taste of Chicago has once again taken over Grant Park in Chicago. I have friends visiting me from Sweden and thought this was the perfect opportunity to show them the great city of Chicago while enjoying the finest of its cuisine. There are also live performances every night (for free!) with some of the biggest names in music. This year, headliners include Chaka Khan, Jennifer Hudson, Death Cab for Cutie, and Fitz and the Tantrums. Death Cab for Cutie is a very popular indie rock band and I have been a fan of theirs for quite some time. 

My Swedish friends are visiting tomorrow and are also very excited to see them as they are huge fans as well. It only helps that the show is entirely free! I do not know if we will see any of the other bands and performers during our stay in Chicago because of the massive heat wave in Midwestern America. My Swedish friends have never felt this much heat and I fear they will become very exhausted very quickly! I am planning on taking them on a few sightseeing tours and walking through some of the more familiar parts of the city. We will be in the sun frequently, so if they are up to see more bands and performances, I will have to keep you posted! For now, we will just have find a great Chicago place to have a fika then enjoy the food and (free) show.

No comments:

Post a Comment