Monday, June 18, 2012

All about java!


Hello again, Blog world!

Today’s topic is all about java! Java meaning the slang term for coffee, of course – not to be confused with the computer programming language of the same name. Anyway, because I am planning to open my own coffee shop someday, I figure a little background on how I became the addict I am today would be helpful.

Growing up, I was never allowed to have coffee. My parents did not drink it, therefore we had no way of brewing it. We also never visited a Starbucks or any place that would sell a coffee beverage, so I spent the first 15 years of my life oblivious to the drink I now call my favorite. When I was 15, I flew to the Florida Keys where my grandma lives and spent the week there with her and her husband. That was the week I fell in love with coffee. Each morning a beautiful aroma would fill the kitchen and make my senses go crazy. That entire week I drank black coffee, which admittedly was a bit too bitter for my liking, and the addiction started. After that week, I began drinking flavored coffee, iced drinks, and other beverages that have small resemblance to a cup of black coffee, but I loved it all. Now that I am older and more experienced in coffee drinking, I prefer my coffee to be a very strong, dark blend, and add no milk or sugar. Living in Europe for a year only enhanced my addiction to coffee, and so I decided if I were to ever open a business, coffee would be a mandatory part of its core.

No comments:

Post a Comment