Yesterday I was in Normal, Illinois (where Illinois State University is located) and visited a local establishment, Emack and Bolio's. From the name, you may not realize it is an ice cream shop, but once you're inside there is definitely no denying it. It is my favorite ice cream store in all of Normal, and maybe even the state of Illinois. I have yet to visit all of the shops in Illinois, so I will not dare to make such a broad statement, but I will keep you posted if that day ever comes.
Anyway, this ice cream store is extremely unique because it mixes ice cream with famous bands. They name their hand dipped ice cream after bands such as Twisted Sister and Deep Purple and usually have band memorabilia on the walls. They also have a question of the day, and yesterday it was "What album was released in 1980 produced the hits 'Keep on Loving You' and 'Take it on the Run'?" I was excited to answer because it is one of my favorite albums, and I even got a free ice cream cone out of it! The answer was REO Speedwagon's "Hi Infidelity", and I thought I would write a review for the album for other's to read and maybe check it out if interested.
Below is the track listing for this album:
1. Don't Let Him Go
2. Keep on Loving You
3. Follow my Heart
4. In Your Letter
5. Take it on the Run
6. Tough Guys
7. Out of Season
8. Shakin' it Loose
9. Someone Tonight
I would give this album a 4/5 stars.
Though this album was released over 30 years ago, the songs can still be related to almost anyone. There are songs about happiness, heartbreak, and everywhere in between. All ages can listen to one of the tracks and be able to put themselves into a song. That is what makes this album so great and one of their best album's ever released.
Their two most noteworthy songs, "Keep on Loving you" and "Take it on the Run" saw massive popularity on the Billboard charts. Both are a slower tempo song and easy to see a long with. They also have lyrics that speak to a wide audience and altogether make for a wonderful ballad.
If you are a type of person who is not into classic rock or slower paced music, this album is definitely not for you. But if you enjoy the classics like I do, this is a can't miss album.
No comments:
Post a Comment