My childhood that was sadly absent of coffee made up for it
in abundance of music. By the time I was 10 I had been to over 40 concerts. Not
too bad. My parents love various genres of music, but had a concentrated keen
to 80's hair bands. When I was in 1st grade, my favorite band was Def Leppard.
Most of my classmates were listening to the Spice Girls, and always thought I
was kind of odd. Though I may have been an outsider as a child, I am grateful
for all of the music that surrounded my life and all of the live shows I was
able to witness. Music has always been a huge part of my life, as it is in most
people's lives, and my taste has both broadened and become narrower at the same
time. Once I discovered different genres, I loved everything. I was a kid in a
candy store. But now as I have matured, my music tastes have as well, and I
know my favorite genres, bands, and artists. My taste ranges somewhere between
Grunge, 80's bands, and Classic Rock, though I do have an appreciation for most
all music.
I truly believe that music has to ability to be anything you
need at any point in your life. If you are tired, if you’re lonely, if you’re
upset or need a friend – music can be that for you. I think when people truly
discover music and go deep into it, their lives are never the same. People use
music for all types of outlets and it is something that can connect various
groups of people together. This is why I want to create a record portion to my
coffee shop.
No comments:
Post a Comment