Monday, June 25, 2012

Instant coffee

Hello blog world.

Today I thought I would share my opinions on the phenomenon known as "instant coffee". Like most things that are "instant", all you need to do to brew the perfect cup is just add water. You can purchase instant coffee at grocery stores or even at franchises such as Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts. At first I was not a fan of instant coffee, but as time as progressed I became more open to the idea.

When I am making coffee for guests, a lot of times I make the pot of coffee weaker than I normally would. This is because I like my coffee to be particularly strong, and I am aware that not everyone has the same preference. Therefore, when I am having coffee with friends over, I do not enjoy it as much as I usually do. A new solution for my guests and me is instant coffee. With this, I can have several different types and flavors of instant coffee packets for my guests to choose from. They could prefer french vanilla to hazelnut or a weak roast to a strong roast, so by simply boiling a pot of water and letting them decide, the limits are endless and everyone is satisfied.

I have even found certain brands of instant coffee to be richer in taste than packages of brewed coffee. To be specific, Nescafe's line of coffee called "Taster's choice" is my favorite thus far. You can buy it in a box with 20 individual packets. It is advertised as gourmet coffee, and I would have to agree. If I did not know ahead of time that it was merely an instant packet and some hot water, I would think it came from a cafe. Recently I have preferred making myself a cup or two of this than to actually brew an entire pot of coffee from grounds.

If you want to check out this particular product, go to this link:
http://www.tasterschoice.com/products/hazelnut.aspx

To see all of Nescafe's products (Nescafe is a brand of entirely instant coffee products) their website is below:
http://www.nescafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment