1. Black coffee
Who can go wrong with a cup of pure black coffee? Though some people do not like the bitter taste, it is something I prefer. I am not a fan of adding sweetener because I believe it ruins the taste. I do understand other people's need for the sweeter taste, as not everyone enjoys the rich, dark flavors of most coffees.
2. Caramel Macchiato
Though I am not one to indulge in novelty coffee beverages, this one takes the cake. Embarrassingly, I discovered it through watching an episode of Gilmore Girls. One of the main characters, Rory, ordered one at a coffee cart, and the next time I went to Starbucks I ordered one as well. At first I was not a fan of how sweet the caramel foam on top was, but it is balanced out by the bitter, pure coffee taste at the bottom of the cup. If you're ever at a Starbucks, this is a must try!
3. Flavored coffee
I am not sure if you're aware, but the United States of America has taken the idea of flavored coffee and ran for miles with it. Now you can get coffee grounds in Hazelnut, Irish Creme, Vanilla, Cinnamon, etc. There are even flavors like "Caramel brownie" or "Birthday cake". Yes, in coffee. Anyway, I am a sucker for the hazelnut flavored coffee and I can buy a package and brew it right at home!
4. Cho-coffee
Once upon a time, someone decided to combine my favorite two flavors, chocolate and coffee (hence the name cho-coffee). The product is both bitter and sweet, and is a true delight to my taste buds. With both chocolate and coffee, how can you go wrong?
5. Iced coffee
Admittedly, I am very new to this craze, but I have become a fan. The first time I ever tried this was at a local iHop restaurant, and though I was hesitant and it was not what I expected, it was pretty good. It barely resembles a traditional cup of coffee, and instead has a hint of coffee swirled into a sweet, milky, icy cold cup of deliciousness.
No comments:
Post a Comment