After reviewing my most recent blog, I thought I would continue in that direction and make a new post about other music blogs I enjoy. I'll give you the links to each blog so that if one of them sounds cool or like something you would enjoying viewing, you can do so!
Last time I analyzed www.idolator.com, and if you want to read more about it, view my most recent blog! Here is a quick link to that:
http://thevinylbistro.blogspot.com/2012/06/analyzing-idolator-music-blog.html
The first blog I thought I would recommend is a pretty familiar one with most viewers. It's MTV's buzzworthy music blog. MTV, for those who do not know, is a music television channel that has grown into quite a large empire with an equally large following. Their music blog is very hands on and often includes behind the scenes with your favorite artists as well as interviews and live performances. I highly recommend this blog!
Another music blog that I found quite popular with internet users is The Boot. The Boot is focused more towards country artists and a little bit of pop music. I am not the biggest country music fan, but I will give credit where it is due and this is a great blog for those who enjoy that genre. A unique feature of this blog is located on the left hand side, they have quite a few quick links ranging from "Best 80's songs" to "Sad Love Songs" to "Worst Pre-Fame Jobs". I think this really distinguishes them from other blogs and gives them an interesting aspect for their readers to enjoy.
Stereogum is another unique and respectable music blog. However, this blog specializes more on Indie music than any other genre. Like the previous blogs, they too have video interviews, live performances, and news updates, but what makes this blog unique is its emphasis on list posts. They have several different articles where they rank their favorite indie albums, quotes, and even obscure lists such as "most viscous songs". If you like indie music, check them out!
Absolute Punk is another music blog that is very specialized, as you may be able to guess from it's name. Their specialty is punk music, although they also feature articles with crossovers into other genres. User participation is huge in this blog, and they even feature an online forum for the users to discuss any topic they want or to post questions. Users can even sign up and post mp3s of their music for other members to critique or download. It's a great blog to check out!
The blogs mentioned above are some of my favorite blogs, and I believe many of you will find them suitable to your specific tastes. If you're still looking for more music related blogs, here is a short list I would recommend:
Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have any other blogs that I should check out!
No comments:
Post a Comment