Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer concerts!

Hello again, everyone!

As you may have noticed by now I am somewhat of a music enthusiast. Because of this, I tend to go to quite  few summer concerts. It is especially easy to do so because I live equidistant from both Chicago and St. Louis, and most major bands play in venues near the two cities.

I have already got quite a line up of concerts to see this summer, so I thought I would share them with you! I cannot wait!

  • Incubus (as previously mentioned)
  • Fog Hat
  • Blue Öyster Cult
  • Mutemath
  • Alice Cooper
  • Iron Maiden
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Creed
  • The Black Keys
  • Death Cab for Cutie
  • Jack White (of the White Stripes)
  • Jason Mraz
  • Journey
  • Loverboy
  • Pat Benatar
As you can see, I have got my work ahead of me! I am pretty excited because a lot of these bands I will be seeing for the first time. However, I am still a little disappointed. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers are an act I have wanted to see live for about 10 years. I have either unable to attend for a variety of reasons, mainly no one would go with me when I was young enough, and as I got older they did not tour close enough to me. They are on tour again this summer but, again, are not playing within the tri state area. Here's hoping for next summer! Another disappointment comes from Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder. Last year they toured and even came to Chicago, and Eddie himself played a few solo shows. However, I was studying abroad in Sweden at the time and could not fly home for the concerts. As fate would have it, Pearl Jam is now on their European tour and are playing a show in Sweden in a few days. Ironic? Anyway, Eddie Vedder is ending his European tour with the band and again playing a few solo shows, but none of them are anywhere close to Illinois. I was thinking I would maybe catch a flight to Florida to see one of his concerts, but seeing as no one would go with me to such lengths, I might have to sit back and wait for him to return to the Midwest.

Regardless, it seems as though it will be a fun, music filled summer and I am anxious and thrilled to see each and every one of these concerts!

No comments:

Post a Comment